- This policy covers information generated when you engage with A+E Networks.
- All of A+E Networks’ content is produced with strong privacy controls.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information in order to provide our Sites to users in an individual and personalized way, to communicate with fans regarding content and services we believe may interest them, and for our legitimate business needs.
When you use a Site, register with a Site using stand-alone registration or social media logins, register for communications, or contact us, we may collect and process the following types of information about you:
Information About You and Your Use of Our Sites
Information About Your Device
- Any information, which may include personally identifiable information ("PII"), that you directly provide to us, such as:
- Site registration information (e.g. name, address, email, phone number, and zip code);
- Forms filled out by you on our Sites (e.g. to receive newsletters or request other information);
- Any correspondence with us by phone, email, social media platforms or otherwise;
- Subscriptions or orders placed through our Sites;
- Participation in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Sites;
- Entering a contest, sweepstakes, promotion, poll or survey; and
- Reporting a problem, feedback or requesting technical support or other customer service for our Sites.
- Certain information is collected automatically about your use and interaction with our Sites which may include:
- Videos, shows or content you watch or interact with on our Sites;
- Login information, social media ID, social media plug-in information, and URL clickstream to, through and from our Sites (including date and time); and
- Pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We may collect technical information about your device, including an identifier, device type, IP address, phone, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
Combined Information and Information Collected from Other Sources
We may combine information about you collected through each Site you visit. We also may collect information about you from third party sources, which may be combined with information we collect through your use of our Sites or from other third party sources as explained more below. We will treat any information combined with personally identifiable information as personally identifiable.
Third Parties and Social Media
Our Sites may include social media features, including links to share, post or link our content through your accounts with third party social media services. If you choose to interact with social media features on our Sites, or if you are logged in to your social media accounts while using our Sites, social media services may collect information about your use of our Sites. Information collected by third party social media services is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THIRD PARTIES AND SOCIAL MEDIA SITES MAY INCLUDE NAMES OR DESCRIPTIONS OF VIDEOS OR CONTENT VIEWED THROUGH YOUR USE OF OUR SITES. YOUR USE OF OUR SITES AND ANY THIRD PARTY SOCIAL MEDIA SERVICES CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT AND CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION OF INFORMATION ABOUT VIDEOS AND CONTENT YOU VIEW THROUGH OUR SITES.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information we collect about you in the following ways:
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- To enable us to provide and maintain our Sites, including Site administration and internal operations such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device of choice;
- To deliver products and services you request, purchase, subscribe to or order from us;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about content, services or goods we feel may interest you, including interest-based advertisements, newsletters, brand promotions, re-targeted advertisements displayed on third party sites, and promotions offered in partnership with third parties;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we and our third party partners serve to you and others;
- To notify you about changes to our Sites;
- To keep our Sites safe and secure; and
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
We may share information about you, which may include PII, with selected third parties including:
VIDEO AND CONTENT VIEW INFORMATION
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to the extent necessary to assist us in providing and maintaining our Sites;
- Advertisers and advertising networks to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others;
- Aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target;
- Service providers and business partners who supplement information we collect with additional information about our Site visitors and help us better connect with our audiences;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Sites;
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose information to the prospective and/or eventual seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If A+E Networks or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
You may choose to opt-out of certain communications or uses of information collected by A+E Networks or third parties on our Sites. To opt-out of email communications from us, log into your account and manage your email preferences or click on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line: "Opt-Out Marketing Communications". If you believe that any of your information is incorrect or needs updating, please let us know at email@example.com
(Attn: Information Access). A+E will use reasonable efforts to correct your information and our records upon verification of the requested change.
For more information or to opt-out of certain online behavioral advertising, please visit http://www.aenetworks.com/adchoices.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Some information you provide to us or our partners may be stored by third parties. For example we use third parties to operate some of our login services and online stores. In the case of online stores, those third parties will collect and process payment information for products you order. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that third party partners who collect information on our behalf protect and secure your information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of your data transmitted to our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk.
A+E reserves the right to monitor all network traffic to our Sites to identify and/or block unauthorized attempts or intrusions to upload or change information or cause damage to any of our Sites in any manner. Anyone using any of our Sites expressly consents to such monitoring.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Depending on your mobile device or other internet connected device, you may be able to reset the device’s advertising identifier at any time by accessing the privacy settings. If you are using an iOS based device, please visit http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074
. If you are using an Android based device (including Kindle), please visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/technologies/ads
. If you are using an Xbox or Windows based device, please visit http://choice.microsoft.com/en-US/opt-out
. If you are using an Amazon Kindle,please visit http://www.amazon.com/gp/dra/info
. If you are using a Roku device, please visit: https://www.roku.com/about/privacy
. If you use a device based on another platform, you should check the provider’s instructions for opting out.
Our Sites are not intended for or directed toward children under 13 years of age nor does A+E Networks knowingly collect or store personal information on our Sites from children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to submit any PII to A+E Networks on any Site.
ADDITIONAL NIELSEN TERMS
The Sites that enable you to view A+E’s video content feature proprietary measurement software from The Nielsen Company ("Nielsen") which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen's TV Ratings. The Information is collected directly by Nielsen’s software within the applicable Site. Neither A+E nor Nielsen makes any representations or warranties to you regarding the Nielsen software. The Nielsen software is licensed solely for your use within the applicable Site, and Nielsen reserves all intellectual property rights and goodwill associated with such software. The Nielsen software also contains third party software that remains the property of its respective owners.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA ONLY. Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of your Personal Information with third parties. If you reside in California and have provided your Personal Information to A+E, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: DMC@aenetworks.com
A&E Television Networks, LLC
Attn: California Privacy Rights
235 East 45th Street
New York, NY 10017
Attention: Digital Media Counsel, Legal & Business Affairs
Within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of those third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this section, if not labeled or sent properly, or does not have complete information.