A+E Networks works with online advertising companies to provide you with relevant and useful advertisements on our websites and apps. These advertisements are tailored for you based on information collected across multiple websites that you visit in order to predict your preferences and to show you ads that are most likely to be of interest to you. This type of ad customization is called “online behavioral advertising,” or “interest-based” advertising, and is enabled on our Websites through Web Beacons or Cookies. We use online advertising as a way to help support the free content, products and services that you use online.
For more information about online behavioral advertising and browser controls to enhance your privacy, you can visit www.aboutads.info.
A+E Networks understands that you may choose to opt-out of online behavioral advertising served on our multi-platform apps, websites or on other sites that you visit.
- General. You can visit the Consumer Choice Page at aboutads.info/choices to see your opt out choices from receiving interest-based advertising from some or all participating companies.
- FreeWheel. You can also opt-out of ads served FreeWheel by visiting their website at https://www.freewheel.com/privacy-policy/.
- SpotX. You can also opt-out of ads served SpotX by visiting their website at https://www.spotx.tv/privacy-policy/gdpr/
- Facebook. Facebook is an advertising partner and may collect and use data to display advertisements on all A+E Networks’ digital websites and apps. For more information and to control the ads you see, visit https://m.facebook.com/ads/audience_network.
- ExtremeReach. To opt-put of data collection through Extreme Reach AdBridge, follow the instructions at https://extremereach.com/privacy-policy-ad-serving-analytics/.
How do I Opt-Out of Online Behavioral Advertising in apps over-the-top television (“OTT Apps”)?
A+E Networks understands that you may choose to opt-out of online behavioral advertising served on our OTT Apps that you use.
- AppleTV. To opt-out of OBA ads on an AppleTV device, please follow the instructions found here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074.
- Samsung. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from AdHub here: https://account.samsung.com/membership/etc/setPersonalOption.do?openPage=adsCombination.
- FireTV. Go to Settings>System>Advertising ID and toggle the “Interest-based Ads” button to Off.
- Xbox devices. Go to http://choice.microsoft.com/en-us/opt-out and toggle the “Personalized ads wherever I use my Microsoft account” to On. This does require that you login with your Microsoft account used on your Xbox device.
Please be aware that even if you opt out it will only apply to the device you have opted-out on and for the app or browser you are using on that device, you will still see ads online but they may be less relevant to you because they will not be based on your interests, and in some cases data may be collected about your browsing activity, but companies will not use this information to select the ads you see online.
SELF-REGULATORY PROGRAM FOR ONLINE BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING
The Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising is an effort by many of the nation’s largest media and marketing trade associations to give consumers more information and choices about the advertising they receive online. The Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising has established seven principles for online advertising, to which A+E Networks adheres. For more information about these principles, please visit aboutads.info/principles.
Posted: March 1, 2019