Note to Editor: Artwork for select Lifetime Networks programming is available on our password-secure media Web site. To access the “Press Room,” log on to lifetimepress.com and enter “press” as the email and “lifetime1” as the password. Please check the Web site to stay informed of schedule changes, and as always, please feel free to call us.
“PROJECT RUNWAY ALL STARS”
They’re back (again) and ready to win – with a vengeance! Thirteen talented designers from past seasons of the Emmy® Award-nominated Project Runway return to the workroom for another shot at being the last designer standing on the runway in the second season of Lifetime’s Project Runway All Stars.
Featuring new host supermodel Carolyn Murphy, these designers will have to prove to judges Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman and mentor Joanna Coles, former Editor-in-Chief of Marie Claire that they have what it takes to win Project Runway All Stars. Also included will be top name celebrity guest judges: Katie Holmes, Kylie Minogue, Stacy Keibler, Liv Tyler and Gretchen Mol as well as respected fashion luminaries such as Diane von Furstenberg, Jason Wu, Margherita Missoni, Charlotte Ronson, Rafe Totengco and Elie Tahari plus fashion blogging sensation Tavi Gevinson and cameo appearances by Karl Lagerfeld and the House of Valentino. Who will have what it takes to impress this panel of judges and finally take home fashion’s top prize? The designers include: Wendy Pepper, Season One; Andrae Gonzalo, Season Two; Kayne Gillaspie and Uli Herzner, Season Three; Suede, Season Five; Althea Harper, Season Six; Emilio Sosa, Season Seven; Peach Carr, Casanova and Ivy Higa, Season Eight; Anthony Ryan Auld, Laura Kathleen and Joshua McKinley, Season Nine.
Green Dress for the Red Carpet
- Airs Thursday, December 6 at 9:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- The All Stars gather at NYC’s Highline and are challenged to create a red carpet gown using only green, eco-friendly fabrics and materials. The legendary Diane Von Furstenberg guest judges.
An Unconventional Nightmare before Christmas
- Airs Thursday, December 13 at 9:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- The seven remaining designers play naughty or nice in the fan-favorite unconventional challenge brings them to a Christmas décor emporium. The designers will have to impress guest judges singer Kylie Minogue and television personality LaLa Anthony.
Flapper Fashion Face-Off
- Airs Thursday, December 20 at 9:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- The final six All Stars are tasked with designing a look for one of three vintage 1920’s events. To make matters worse, they must face off against each other in pairs of two in this season’s Fashion Face Off! Actress Gretchen Mol and designer Jenny Packham serve as guest judges.
There’s No Business like Sew Business
- Airs Thursday, December 27 at 9:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- High Fashion meets a Retail Budget! The five remaining All Stars must create a ready to wear look with a “wow factor,” while also meeting a retail budget. With Elie Tahari as this week’s guest judge and mentor, the designers all compete for the chance to have their design manufactured, featured and sold in Elie Tahari’s stores and online!
“ABBY’S ULTIMATE DANCE COMPETITION”
Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition, headlined by Dance Moms‘ Abby Lee Miller, will feature 12 of the country’s most talented girl and boy dancers competing for a $100,000 cash prize and a scholarship to the Young Dancer Program at the Joffrey Ballet School in New York. Joining Miller at the judges table will be Robin Antin, founder of the pop group sensation Pussycat Dolls, and dancer and cutting-edge celebrity choreographer Richard Jackson (Lady Gaga’s “Marry the Night”). Kevin Manno (MTV’s The Seven) will host.
Cirque du Solos
- Airs Tuesday, December 4 at 9:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- With only four dancers remaining in the competition, the moms have to do whatever it takes to ensure their child makes it to the final three. This week the girls not only have to worry about perfecting their solos, but they’re also doing a complicated and grueling circus inspired group dance.
DANCE FOR YOUR LIFE Season Finale!
- Airs Tuesday, December 11 at 9:00PM-11:00PM (ET)
- Only three dancers remain for the grueling final round of this life changing competition. With $100,000 and a scholarship to the Joffrey School of Ballet in New York on the line, the three remaining girls must dance for their lives. But they’re not alone. Former contestants and their moms make a surprise return for one last performance. It all comes down to the 2-hour finale when Abby will reveal her first Ultimate Dancer.
“THE HOUSTONS: ON OUR OWN”
THE HOUSTONS: ON OUR OWN, an all-new docu-series, will follow the lives of the late Whitney Houston’s family, led by Pat Houston, Whitney’s sister-in-law and manager, and including Pat’s daughter Rayah, Whitney’s brother Gary, daughter Bobbi Kristina and mother, Grammy® Award-winning singer Cissy Houston.
Whitney Houston’s sudden passing left behind a major void felt not only by the world, but also by those who loved her most, her beloved family. THE HOUSTONS: ON OUR OWN follows those closest to the pop music icon as they try to pick up the pieces after her untimely death. Pat Houston, Whitney’s sister-in-law, manager and most trusted confidant, manages the business and estate of the beloved singer and her most prized possession, her daughter Bobbi Kristina. The series will follow Pat and her husband, Gary, Whitney Houston’s brother, as they take on their greatest challenge, supporting and guiding Bobbi Kristina as she faces the world alone, without the one person she relied on the most, her Mother
A Houston Family Vacation
- Airs Wednesday December 5 at 9:00PM-9:30PM (ET)
- Pat whisks the family away to a spiritual retreat in Hawaii, where their guides invoke island ceremonies to help the Houstons move on with their lives without forgetting Whitney.
New Beginnings, Part 1
- Airs Wednesday December 5 at 9:30PM-10:00PM (ET)
- Nick and Krissy throw a housewarming party, but not without Pat’s help. Will Bobby Brown make an appearance? Krissy reveals that Nick isn’t the only man in her life.
New Beginnings, Part 2 Season Finale!
- Airs Wednesday December 5 at 10:00PM-10:30PM (ET)
- Pat gives Nick and Gary some unwelcome news about her plans to jumpstart Krissy’s career.
Behavior specialist, author and motivational speaker Josh Shipp hosts the all-new gripping, unscripted series TEEN TROUBLE. In each episode, Shipp serves as the last hope for troubled families desperate to save their out-of-control teens and gives them the critical help they need to avoid tragedy. He will embed himself into the hidden lives of at-risk teens on dangerous, self-destructive paths – taking drugs, stealing from their families, abusing alcohol and breaking the law. Born an orphan and bounced around in many different foster homes until he figured out how to turn a mess into a message, Shipp has been through it all and has an unconventional method to get through to teens and their parents.
With his gritty approach, Shipp will confront the teens and their parents to identify the often deeply-seated roots of the problem and demonstrate the severity the teen’s issues using real-life examples of cause and effect. Each teen will meet an array of current and former troubled teens – those whose lives mirror theirs – who did not get the help they needed; who have suffered gravely; who experienced disaster and whose lives still hang in the balance.
Teens featured on the series will experience first hand what their future holds if they don’t make crucial changes–overnight stays in jail, spending the night in a morgue, sleeping on the street with prostitutes, being confronted with stories just like their own that ended in death. Shipp will deliver his brutally honest message of the damaging repercussions of rebellious decisions and actions, while his action plan for change will be positively reinforced. He will introduce the teens and their families to others who’ve experienced – and successfully overcome – similar challenges and are now living happy, productive lives, providing the hope and forgiveness necessary to make a major change.
premiere: to be announced
- Airs Friday, December 28 at 10:00PM-11:00PM (ET)
- (Individual episode information is currently not available.).
–LIFETIME ORIGINAL MOVIE–
“FINDING MRS. CLAUS” (World Premiere)
- Airs Sunday, December 2 at 9:00PM-11:00PM (ET)
- In the Lifetime Original Movie: FINDING MRS. CLAUS, when Mrs. Claus (Mira Sorvino) feels neglected by her less than attentive husband (Will Sasso), she goes to Las Vegas to help a little girl with her Christmas wish. But when Santa finds out and follows her to Sin City to make amends, he puts Christmas at risk when things don’t go quite as he planned. (2012)
“SHE MADE THEM DO IT” (World Premiere)
- Airs Saturday, December 29 at 8:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- Jenna Dewan Tatum (American Horror Story, Step Up) and Mackenzie Phillips (NYPD Blue, One Day at a Time), star in the Lifetime Original Movie: SHE MADE THEM DO IT. The riveting film is based a true story of convicted felon Sarah Pender, who after being found guilty of masterminding a double murder, escaped from maximum security prison to become one of the most notorious women ever to top the list of America’s Most Wanted. (2012)
“THE PERFECT HOLIDAY” (Lifetime Premiere)
- Airs Monday, December 3 at 10:00PM-12:00AM (ET)
- Heartwarming Christmas tale about a young girl who asks a department store Santa to help her mother find Mr. Right. Gabrielle Union and Morris Chestnut star, along with Queen Latifah and Terrence Howard who join the fun as narrating angels. (2007)
“HOLLY’S HOLIDAY” (World Premiere)
- Airs Saturday, December 8 at 8:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- Claire Coffee stars as advertising executive Holly, who can’t quite imagine why she is so drawn to the handsome mannequin in the perfect holiday window display she passes every morning. When she is knocked unconscious by a falling icicle, her once fake window man becomes the man of her dreams, but she soon discovers that though his looks are perfect, his personality is still, well, plastic. (2012)
“ALL ABOUT CHRISTMAS EVE” (World Premiere)
- Airs Sunday, December 9 at 9:00PM-11:00PM (ET)
- Starring Haylie Duff as Eve Wright, an over-extended New York City party planner who has to decide whether to jeopardize her career and go off on a romantic Christmas vacation or risk ending the relationship when a top client insists on throwing a huge Christmas Eve party 3,000 miles away in Los Angeles. Cameo appearances by American Idol finalists and real-life couple Ace Young and Diana DiGarmo. (2012)
“THE REAL ST. NICK” (World Premiere)
- Airs Saturday, December 15 at 8:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- Directed by Penelope Spheeris and stars Torrey Devito and Callard Harris. In the World Premiere film THE REAL ST. NICK, Devitto stars as psychiatrist Kate, who attends to a handsome but unconscious man in a Santa Claus suit who saved her during an earthquake. When he awakens and insists he is Santa Claus, he is placed in the hospital’s psychiatric wing, where his Christmas spirit soon “infects” everyone in the ward and Kate can’t help falling for the man even before she finds out his real identity. (2012)
“MERRY IN-LAWS” (World Premiere)
- Airs Sunday, December 16 at 9:00PM-11:00PM (ET)
- The World Premiere film, MERRY IN-LAWS stars Shelley Long and George Wendt, together for the first time since Cheers, as Mr. and Mrs. Claus, who are about to meet their future daughter-in-law, a single, uber-intelligent mother and her equally Mensa-type son. Imagine saying “yes” to your boyfriend’s marriage proposal and then finding out that your future in-laws are Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus! (2012)