Network Posts +10% Jump among Total Viewers and Adults 25-54, +9% Growth with Women 25-54; and +3% in Adults 18-49
LOS ANGELES, CA (July 2, 2013) – On the heels of posting year-on-year growth for the month of May, Lifetime has registered double digit year-over-year growth in key demographics for Second Quarter 2013 vs. Second Quarter 2012, including a +10% jump among Total Viewers and Adults 25-54, +9% increase in Women 25-54, +3% with Adults 18-49 and +1% in Women 18-49.
The quarter marked Lifetime’s best second quarter in four years with Total Viewers, Adults 25-54, Women 25-54 and Adults 18-49, and a network best in three years among Women 18-49. 2Q13 also represents the network’s strongest 2Q year-on-year growth with Women 25-54 in 11 years (2Q02, +26%) and in eight years with Adults 25-54 (2Q05, +11%), according to Nielsen Research.
In addition, Lifetime posted major jumps in rankings, placing in the top ten among Women 18-49 (#6, up from #9 in 2Q12) and Women 25-54 (#7, up from #9). It ranked #12 with Adults 25-54 (up from #15), #14 among Total Viewers (up from #15) and #15 with Adults 18-49 (up from #18).
With the world premieres of the Lifetime Original Movies Anna Nicole, Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret and Ring of Fire, the network was 2Q13’s number one cable network for original movies among Total Viewers, Adults 25-54, Women 25-54, Adults 18-49, Women 18-49, Women 2+, Adults 18+ and Women 18+. Anna Nicole and Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret were the top two movie telecasts across cable with Women 25-54, Women 18-49, Adults 18+ and Women 18+. Ring of Fire ranked as the quarter’s third most-watched movie telecast among Women 18+.
Year-to-date, Lifetime has grown +4% with Total Viewers vs. the first six months of 2012, as well as +3% with Adults 25-54 and Women 25-54, marking the second consecutive year of growth in the first half of the year for the three key demos. Other Lifetime YTD highlights include:
- Dance Moms Season 3 to date is the #1 original cable series in its Tuesday 9pm time period among Women 2+, Women 18+, Women 25-54 and Women 18-49. Its season premiere on 1/1/13 delivered 2.8 million Total Viewers to become the most watched telecast of Dance Moms ever.
- Anna Nicole is the #1 movie telecast across cable with Women 25-54, Women 18-49 and Women 18+. Its 6/29 premiere was the #1 cable telecast of the night among Total Viewers, Adults 25-54, Women 25-54, Adults 18-49, Women 18-49, Women 18+ and Women 2+.
- Prosecuting Casey Anthony is the #2 movie telecast across cable with Women 25-54 and Women 18+. For the night of its premiere (1/19/13), Prosecuting Casey Anthony was the #1 telecast across ad-supported cable with Total Viewers, Adults 18+, Women 18+, Women 25-54 and Women 18-49.
- Devious Maids is the #1 ad supported cable program among Women 18+ and Women 2+ in its Sunday 10p hour.
- Preachers’ Daughters is currently Lifetime’s youngest skewing series with a median age of 33 years old.
- The Client List ranks as the #1 scripted cable series in its Sunday 10-11pm time period with Women 25-54 and Women 18-49.
- Lifetime is the #1 basic cable network for movies among Women 25-54 and Women 18+ across total day, as well as the #1 cable network for original movies among Women 25-54, Adults 18-49, Women 18-49, Women 2+ and Women 18+.
- Lifetime has the top 5 original cable movies among Women 25-54, Adults 18-49 and Women 18-49 and 4 of the top 5 original cable movies among Total Viewers, Adults 25-54, Women 2+, Adults 18+ and Women 18+.
Lifetime is committed to offering the highest quality entertainment and information programming, and advocating a wide range of issues affecting women and their families. In 2012, as a result of its aggressive triple threat programming strategy doubling its amount of original programming spanning scripted dramas, reality series and movies, Lifetime posted its strongest year-on-year growth among the key demographics in 10+ years, while also reaching its youngest median age in 16 years. Lifetime Television®, LMN®, Lifetime Real Women® and Lifetime Digital™ are part of Lifetime Entertainment Services, LLC, a subsidiary of A+E Networks. A+E Networks is a joint venture of the Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.