LIFETIME PREMIERE HIGHLIGHTS - JULY 2014
Note to Editor: Artwork for select Lifetime Networks programming is available on our password-secure media Web site. To access the “Press Room,” log on to: http://press.aenetworks.com.
“ABBY’S STUDIO RESCUE”
Renowned dance coach and Dance Moms star, Abby Lee Miller is on the road, looking to transform dance studios on the brink of disaster in the all-new series, Abby’s Studio Rescue. Each week, the show follows Abby as she dishes her tough love and no-nonsense advice while giving dance studios a second chance to finally bring home the gold.
With seven one-hour episodes, Abby’s Studio Rescue sends Abby to studios across the country that are in need of a head-to-toe overhaul of their business before their doors are forced shut forever. A studio owner since 1980, Abby knows running a business can be full of challenges and she is ready to give them the tools they need to take their studios and dancers to the next level. Whether it’s fine-tuning choreography, finding the right staff, scheduling classes, tweaking dances, dealing with overbearing moms or even renovating the studio space, Abby’s Studio Rescue will help them all raise the bar.
ABBY MEETS HER MATCH (#102)
- Airs Tuesday, July 1 at 9:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- Abby heads to Northridge, CA, to help another dance studio in trouble, but when the owner takes offense to Abby’s tough love critique, she kicks Abby out and a battle ensues.
DAUGHTER DEAREST (#103)
- Airs Tuesday, July 8 at 9:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- Abby heads to Indiana, and finds a dance studio whose owner is neglecting the other kids to focus on her own daughter, the star dancer… but is she actually hurting her daughter by keeping her at the studio, instead of allowing her to pursue her career?
DELUSIONS OF DANCE GRANDEUR (#104)
- Airs Tuesday, July 15 at 9:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- Abby arrives in Shelton, CT, and finds a studio owner in total denial about the problems at her studio. Abby enlists the help of Maddie, Mackenzie, Kendall and Nia from Dance Moms to show her the error of her ways, but are the problems at the studio too great for her to overcome?
PREMIERE: TO BE ANNOUNCED (#105)
- Airs Tuesday, July 22 at 9:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- (Individual episode information is currently not available.)
“LITTLE WOMEN: LA”
Lifetime’s new docu-series Little Women: LA (#LittleWomenLA) chronicles the adventures of a unique group of smart, sexy and funny girlfriends with big hearts, big personalities and even bigger drama…who all happen to be little people. Little Women: LA invites viewers to walk in their shoes as they deal with relationships, parenting, careers and especially, the ups and downs of friendships.
Each hour-long episode of Little Women: LA features longtime girlfriends Terra Jole, Tonya Banks, Elena Gant, Christy McGinity, Briana Manson and Traci Harrison. They laugh, cry, compete and fight with one another, but through it all they share a special unbreakable bond. And, while dealing with everyday challenges like the rest of the world, they prove that height is just a number. There’s nothing small about this loud and proud group who can teach us all a lesson or two about living life to the fullest.
SHE‘S BOOTY-FUL (#106)
- Airs Tuesday, July 1 at 10:00PM-11:01PM (ET)
- Booty’s are the topics of conversation at a pool party when Elena considers breast implants and Terra asks the ladies to star in her “Booty Bee” music video. While Terra’s recording her single, Christy tries to convince the women to back out of the video shoot.
- Airs Tuesday, July 8 at 10:00PM-11:01PM (ET)
- The ladies attend a wedding convention where the brides-to-be Traci and Christy throw down their bouquets and start a bridal battle. Elena discusses the possibility that she’ll have a baby who’s a little person and her husband’s family is shocked. Terra breaks the news to Tonya that the man she’s seeing might not be the good guy she thinks he is.
SINNER TAKES ALL (#108)
- Airs Tuesday, July 15 at 10:00PM-11:01PM (ET)
- The little women visit “Sin City” and they’re determined to give Las Vegas a run for its money while celebrating Traci and Christy’s bachelorette parties. The women buy Traci a few drinks to see if they can loosen her up and are blown away by her hidden wild side. The men join the ladies in Vegas and in a spur of the moment decision Christy decides she wants to elope, but will Todd go along for the ride?
HERE COMES THE BRIDE (#109) Season Finale!
- Airs Tuesday, July 22 at 10:00PM-11:01PM (ET)
- Christy finalizes her last minute wedding details, from the dress and flower arrangements, to the venue and quickly realizes her mother is a “momzilla.” With wedding bells in the air, Terra and Joe feel pressure to discuss if they are really meant to be together. The ladies speculate why Elena isn’t drinking…could there be a baby on the way?
“WITCHES OF EAST END” Season Premiere!
The second season of Lifetime’s thrilling series Witches of East End (#WitchesofEastEnd) returns this summer with an ensemble cast headlined by Emmy Award-winner Julia Ormond, Jenna Dewan Tatum, Rachel Boston, Mädchen Amick , Eric Winter and Daniel DiTomasso. Christian Cooke joins the cast as a new series regular this season.
Based on Melissa de la Cruz’s New York Times best-selling novel, the series centers on the Beauchamp family, where in season one sisters Freya (Dewan Tatum) and Ingrid (Boston) discovered they are witches with ancient magical powers. With the help of their mother Joanna (Ormond) and Aunt Wendy (Amick), they learned how to cultivate their craft and work together to defeat unearthly enemies seeking revenge on their family, while keeping their abilities a secret from the town.
This season, with the portal to Asgard open, what comes through will forever change the lives of the Beauchamps. Darkness surrounds East End as a new stranger (Cooke) arrives. Joanna is still weak with poison in her blood as the Beauchamps search desperately for a cure. With the death of Penelope (Virginia Madsen), Killian (DiTomasso) and Dash’s (Winter) warlock powers return.
A MOVEABLE BEAST (#201)
- Airs Sunday, July 6 at 9:00PM-10:01PM (ET)
- All the Beauchamp witches have trouble remembering exactly what happened after the portal opened and fear a mystical presence crossed over to their world. Victor helps Joanna fight what seems to be a losing battle with her argentum poisoning. Ingrid develops a dangerous sleep walking habit while Freya has visions of Killian in danger.
THE SON ALSO RISES (#202)
- Airs Sunday, July 13 at 9:00PM-10:01PM (ET)
- Joanna is thrilled with Frederick’s (Christian Cooke) return, while Wendy remains suspicious of his behavior. Killian discovers he has a lot in common with new love Eva. Dash reluctantly deals with his blackmailer.
THE OLD MAN AND THE KEY (#203)
- Airs Sunday, July 20 at 9:00PM-10:01PM (ET)
- Ingrid prepares to move out while Freya tracks down Killian. Dash discovers the identity of his blackmailer and plans revenge. Wendy and Joanna follow Frederick to figure out what his motives are since reconnecting with the family.
THE BROTHERS GRIMOIRE (#204)
- Airs Sunday, July 27 at 9:00PM-10:01PM (ET)
- Wendy and Tommy (Ignacio Serricchio) have a disastrous series of meetings. Old friends of Frederick’s from Asgard make an unwelcome visit to Fair Haven. Dash and Killian receive their inheritance which yields interesting results.
Lifetime’s critically-acclaimed hit series Devious Maids (#DeviousMaids, #DeviousArmy), returns for a second season. The series is executive produced by Marc Cherry and Eva Longoria, and stars Ana Ortiz, Dania Ramírez, Roselyn Sánchez, Edy Ganem and Judy Reyes as five maids with ambition and dreams of their own while working for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills.
Devious Maids is set in a world where murder and mayhem collide in the mansions of Beverly Hills’ wealthiest and most powerful families. Class warfare has never been as fun and dirty as it is in the tiny enclave where the staff is as clever, witty and downright as devilish as their employers. The series centers on a close-knit group of maids, Marisol (Ortiz), Rosie (Ramírez), Carmen (Sánchez), Valentina (Ganem) and Zoila (Reyes), who are bonded together by their jobs, life struggles and the melodramatic universe that engulfs their employers. Devious Maids also stars Susan Lucci, Grant Show, Rebecca Wisocky, Tom Irwin, Mariana Klaveno, Matt Cedeño, Melinda Page Hamilton and Drew Van Acker. Joining the cast this season are Dominic Adams, Joanna Adler and Colin Woodell.
- Airs Sunday, July 6 at 10:01PM-11:02PM (ET)
- When Nick refuses to divulge his secret past, Marisol sets off on a quest to find out the truth. Zoila struggles with her feelings for Javier and Pablo. Carmen must play babysitter to Spence’s son. Rosie recruits Lucinda and Didi to work together to rescue Kenneth and put a stop to Reggie’s financial thievery. Valentina tells the police what she knows about Ethan and his crew.
LOOK BACK IN ANGER (#213) Season Finale!
- Airs Sunday, July 13 at 10:01PM-11:02PM (ET)
- When Nick finally admits his secret to Marisol, she convinces him to make things right with all those involved. Carmen meets a handsome stranger who offers to help her with her music career. As Zoila waivers between Pablo and Javier, she gets some shocking news. Valentina is offered the opportunity of a lifetime. Spence and Rosie decide to tie the knot.
“THE LOTTERY” Series Premiere!
Lifetime brings viewers to the year 2025 with the premiere of the provocative new conspiracy thriller, The Lottery. The series stars Marley Shelton (Eleventh Hour), Michael Graziadei (American Horror Story), David Alpay (The Vampire Diaries), Athena Karkanis (Low Winter Sun), Yul Vazquez (Magic City), Shelley Conn (Terra Nova) and Martin Donovan (Homeland).
Set within a dystopian future driven by a global fertility crisis, The Lottery reveals a world staring down the barrel of impending extinction as women have mysteriously stopped bearing children. After years of research, Dr. Alison Lennon (Shelton) and her team remarkably fertilize 100 eggs. However, her victory is short-lived when the Director of the Department of Humanity, Darius Hayes (Donovan), takes government control of the lab and informs the President (Vazquez) of the monumental scientific breakthrough. To determine which women will carry the prized embryos to term, Chief of Staff Vanessa Keller (Karkanis) convinces the President to hold a national lottery and a battle over the control of the 100 embryos begins. Michael Graziadei stars as Kyle, a recovering alcoholic and single father of one of the last children born in the country, while David Alpay stars as James, Alison’s colleague and lab assistant. Shelley Conn portrays Gabrielle, the First Lady of the United States.
The Lottery is written by Timothy J. Sexton (Children of Men), who also serves as executive producer alongside Rick Eid (Hostages) and Dawn Olmstead (Prison Break). Danny Cannon (CSI) directed and executive produced the pilot, which is from Grady Girl Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television. Ten one-hour episodes have been ordered for this season.
- Airs Sunday, July 20 at 10:01PM-11:02PM (ET)
- Set within a dystopian future driven by a global fertility crisis, The Lottery reveals a world staring down the barrel of impending extinction as women have mysteriously stopped bearing children. After years of research, a talented young scientist, Dr. Alison Lennon, and her team remarkably fertilize 100 human eggs. However, her victory is short-lived when the government takes control of her lab and informs the President of the monumental scientific breakthrough. To determine which women will carry the prized embryos to term, Chief of Staff, Vanessa Keller, convinces the President to hold a national lottery and a battle over the control of the 100 embryos begins.
RULES OF THE GAME (#102)
- Airs Sunday, July 27 at 10:01PM-11:02PM (ET)
- Alison faces the aftermath of her actions. Vanessa, Darius, and the President’s advisors debate the next steps of the Lottery. Kyle and Elvis seek refuge with an old friend, until Elvis has a diabetic attack which puts his life in danger and threatens to expose them.
“BRING IT!” Season Premiere!
Coach Dianna Williams (“Miss D”) and her Dancing Dolls are back, and they’re ready to “bring it” even harder! Bring It! follows Miss D and her dancers as they refuse to lose and push themselves to the limit each week in the relentless pursuit of victory at high-powered dance competitions throughout the U.S. Every jump, step and high kick on the program highlights the triumphs and struggles of intense competition, where errors aren’t tolerated, mediocrity isn’t excused and only a win is acceptable.
After a spring season full of fierce competition, Miss D is willing to do whatever it takes for the Dancing Dolls to remain the best hip-hop majorette dance troupe in the South. Bring It! returns with the annual Dancing Dolls tryouts, where Miss D scouts for fresh talent and weeds out any weak links on the team. Even veteran dancers will have to fight to keep their spot on the squad. Kayla returns to reclaim her captain position, and Camryn and Crystianna both vie for leadership roles. Will Sunjai return to the Dolls after her fallout with Miss D at the Battle Royale last season? If she does, will she even manage to make the team?
SO YOU WANNA BE A DOLL (#110)
- Airs Wednesday, July 23 at 9:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- The new competition season begins next week, and Miss D is building up a new team with her annual team tryouts, where even veteran dancers must compete again for a spot on the squad. Scores of Dancing Doll hopefuls descend on the Dollhouse Dance Factory for the Dancing Dolls team tryouts. Will Sunjai return to tryout for the team? Veteran Doll Tamia challenges Camryn for the coveted “head co-captain” position and Crystianna battles her nerves as she attempts to perform her very first solo.
PROM OR COMPETITION? (#111)
- Airs Wednesday, July 30 at 9:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- The Dancing Dolls go toe-to-toe with their rivals to score the Grand Championship title at the Bay Area Battle in Memphis, TN. Many dancers and their Moms, however, fear a risky strategy by Miss D will cost them the win. And Sunjai is forced to choose between performing with her squad or attending her high school prom.
“BAPs” Series Premiere!
Lifetime’s new docu-series BAPs pulls back the curtain on an exclusive, privileged and affluent group of African-American friends from St. Louis who are self-proclaimed “BAPs”– Black American Princesses and Princes. BAPs follows these lifelong friends who are educated, sophisticated and believe being a BAP in today’s world is a birthright.
Each hour-long episode of BAPs follows a circle of friends that is always dressed to the nines, with egos in tow, and isn’t afraid to share opinions about men and each another. There is no shortage of conflict, humor and heart that comes along with being a part of this tight-knit clique, which includes, Anisha, Kristen, Gina, Jason, Riccarda and Brandon. Together, this group, whose dynamic can change from best friends to frenemies at the drop of a hat, attends St. Louis’ elite fashion shows, the symphony and charity events… but no occasion is conflict-free. Competing to be the most successful and most beautiful person in their circle is sure to bind and divide them, especially when Anisha’s boyfriend, Kendrick, and his niece, Rai-Rai are the anti-BAPs.
WELCOME HOME, NO SPITTING (#101)
- Airs Wednesday, July 23 at 10:00PM-11:01PM (ET)
- The BAPs host a welcome home party for one of their own, but things go south when two long-time “frenemies” Kristen and Anisha battle it out over Kristen calling Anisha a bad mother. Before the night is through, there will be insults, jabs, and even spit, because BAPs may be like a family, but even families fight..
LIFE IN THE BAP LANE (#102)
- Airs Wednesday, July 30 at 10:00PM-11:01PM (ET)
- Anisha hosts a dinner party for the BAPs as a way to heal old wounds, but new wounds are opened when Kendrick and Anisha disagree over what to do about Kendrick’s niece, Rai Rai. Meanwhile, Jason and Gina invite Anisha to join them on a radio show to “discuss” the BAPs lifestyle – though “arguing” is more Anisha’s style.
“KILLING DADDY” (World Premiere)
- Airs Saturday, July 5 at 8:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- Cassie Ross is scarred by the suicide of her mother, which occurred when Cassie was a child. She is convinced that her father was to blame for her mother’s death. Cassie’s older sister, Laura, has always sided with their father, so for years Cassie has been estranged from her family. When Cassie discovers that her father has had a debilitating stroke, she sees it as the perfect opportunity to return home and seek justice for her mother. Confiding in her mute and helpless father her plans to destroy her sister and stepmother and ultimately kill him, Cassie sets out on her path to destroy her broken family and take all of their riches. But Cassie’s revenge won’t come as easy as she thinks as hidden truths about her family may derail her entire plan.
- Elizabeth Gillies, Cynthia Stevenson and William Moses star. (2014)
“PRESUMED DEAD IN PARADIES” (World Premiere)
- Airs Saturday, July 12 at 8:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- Madison, a rebellious teenager, has spent most of her life in boarding schools and the only family she has left is her estranged stepmother, Patricia. So when Patricia unexpectedly invites Madison on a birthday trip to St. Isabel (an island Madison used to visit with her father), Madison is shocked but excited! Once on the island Madison meets Blake, a cute local guide who plans a paddle board excursion to a remote part of the island. Out in open water, Madison has a panic attack (or so it appears) and seemingly drowns. Miraculously, Madison survives and manages to make her way back to the resort but is stunned to see Blake and Patricia together! When Madison goes looking for answers, she discovers that this vacation isn’t what it seems, and that she’s in fact embroiled in a dark conspiracy that involves her late father.
- Malese Jow, Olivia d’Abo, Gavin Houston, Alix Gitter, Luis Omar O’Farrill star. (2014)
“EXPECTING AMISH” (World Premiere)
- Airs Saturday, July 19 at 8:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- 18-year-old Hannah Yoder is ready to become an Amish adult–which means baptism into the Church, and marriage to her boyfriend Samuel. But her friends convince her to go on Rumspringa in Hollywood where she wears jeans and makeup for the first time and begins to think for herself, making her own decisions. She meets Josh, a DJ, and the two click instantly becoming inseparable. On their last night together, Hannah confides that she doesn’t want to be baptized and wants to stay in LA–but she has to go home to tell her family. When she returns to Amish country, Hannah learns she is pregnant and must make the painful choice of staying with Samuel and raising the baby as his, or return to Josh and risk being shunned forever!
- AJ Michalka, Jesse McCartney, Jean-Luc Bilodeau, Alyson Stoner and Brian Krause star. (2014)
“GUILTY AT 17” (World Premiere)
- Airs Sunday, July 20 at 7:00PM-9:00PM (ET)
- When 17-year-old Traci is lured into claiming she saw her high school teacher, Mr. Adams, sexually harass another student, Devon, she believes she’s doing the right thing. According to Devon, whenever they are alone Mr. Adams has been sexually inappropriate. When the scandal breaks and Adams is fired, Traci is horrified to find out that, two days later, the distraught man has committed suicide. On top of it, Traci’s father suffers a heart attack and she is still dealing with the loss of her track scholarship after tearing her knee. Incredibly distraught, Traci opens up to June, a new substitute teacher at the school that she has started to befriend. She doesn’t know that June is actually Adams’ daughter who got a job at the school so she could find out what really happened between her father and Devon. Seeing Traci is about to cave, June presses the girl to tell her the truth. Fearing she may soon be exposed, Devon and her boyfriend Jay decide to take matters in their own hands to prevent Traci’s confession.
- Erin Sanders, Catherine Dent, Alex Paxton-Beesley, Michael Woods, Rod Stewart, Kevin Bundy, Jefferson Brown, Chloe Rose, Zach Peladeau, Vanessa Morgan star. (2014)
“THE CHOKING GAME” (World Premiere)
- Airs Saturday, July 26 at 8:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- Taryn finds herself gaining much-desired popularity when the charismatic new girl at school claims her as a “breath sister,” after teaching Taryn about the Choking Game. Hiding it from her ever-present mother, best friend, and teachers, Taryn sees choking as a way to build self-control and grab an easy high. But, as the stakes are raised through each subsequent “flight,” Taryn has no idea that she is actually putting her life in extreme danger. Based on the book “Choke” by Diana Lopez.
- Freya Tingley and Peri Gilpin star. (2014)