Note to Editor: Artwork for select Lifetime Networks programming is available on our password-secure media Web site. To access the “Press Room,” log on to: http://press.aenetworks.com.
“DROP DEAD DIVA”
Lifetime’s fan favorite and critically-acclaimed series Drop Dead Diva, which follows a shallow wannabe model that suddenly dies in an accident only to find her soul resurfacing in the body of a brilliant, plus-sized recently deceased attorney, is back by popular demand for a fifth season.
Produced by Sony Pictures Television, the one-hour, comedic drama stars Brooke Elliott (Wicked, Taboo), Margaret Cho (Dancing with the Stars, Cho Dependent), Jackson Hurst (Living Proof), Kate Levering (Cashmere Mafia), April Bowlby (Two and a Half Men) and Lex Medlin (Southland).
Newcomer Justin Deely (90210) joins Drop Dead Diva as Jane’s new heavenly guide Paul, stepping in for Luke (Carter McIntyre) when he is called back to Heaven just after telling her that Old Jane has returned to earth.
JANE’S SECRET REVEALED (#513) Season Finale!
- Airs Sunday, November 3 at 9:00-10:00PM (ET)
- Jane offers to represent an Amish farmer in a life or death legal case against a big oil company. Grayson helps a dominatrix try to collect a debt from one of her clients. When Grayson and Jane finally reveal their feelings for each other, they’re interrupted by a visitor who threatens to reveal everything.
- Guest Stars: Faith Prince (Elaine Bingum), Natalie Hall (Brittney), Doug Savant (Jakob Yordy), Rebecca Mader (Robin Lowry), Tom Nowicki (Geoff Hensley), Nancy Grace (Herself), Jon Michael Davis (Tripp Osgood), Kenny Alfonso (Joe Cummings), Nico Evers-Swindell (Zack Trent), Barrett Carnahan (Isaac Yordy), Gregalan Williams (Judge Warren Libby).
“WITCHES OF EAST END”
Lifetime‘s newest drama, Witches of East End, features an all-star-cast headlined by Emmy Award-winner Julia Ormond, Mädchen Amick , Jenna Dewan Tatum and Rachel Boston as a family of witches living in the secluded seaside town of East Haven. Also set to star are Eric Winter, Daniel DiTomasso , Jason George and Oscar and Golden Globe Award nominee Virginia Madsen.
Inspired by Melissa de la Cruz’s New York Times best-selling novel, Witches of East End centers on the mysterious Beauchamp family: free-spirited artist Joanna (Ormond) and her two grown daughters, wild-child bartender Freya (Dewan Tatum) and shy librarian Ingrid (Boston), both of whom are unaware that they are gifted (and cursed) with a magical birthright. Freya is recently engaged to the man of her dreams, wealthy playboy Dash Gardiner (Winter), but when she finds herself inexplicably drawn to Dash’s troubled, enigmatic brother Killian (DiTomasso), bizarre occurrences begin to manifest in her life. Meanwhile, Joanna’s long-estranged sister Wendy (Amick) shows up with a warning that could change the Beauchamps’ fate forever, forcing Joanna to reveal to her daughters they are, indeed, immortal witches who possess great untapped powers.
ELECTRIC AVENUE (#104)
- Airs Sunday, November 3 at 10:01PM-11:02PM (ET)
- Ingrid finds a unique way to mourn for Adam. Joanna and Harrison take their friendship to the next level. Freya meets Dash’s ex fiancée Elyse when she returns to deal with some unfinished business.
PETENTIA NOCTIS (#105)
- Airs Sunday, November 10 at 10:01PM-11:02PM (ET)
- Freya makes a startling discovery at Fair Haven while Ingrid has flashbacks to one of her past lives.
- Airs Sunday, November 17 at 10:01PM-11:02PM (ET)
- (Individual episode synopsis is currently not available.)
SNAKE EYES (#107)
- Airs Sunday, November 24 at 10:01PM-11:02PM (ET)
- (Individual episode synopsis is currently not available.)
“ABBY’S ULTIMATE DANCE COMPETITION”
The second season of Lifetime‘s popular series, Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition is set to come back bigger and better than ever with new contestants and moms, unexpected twists, fierce challenges and more of the dance instructor everyone loves to hate, Abby Lee Miller.
With 11 of the country’s most promising young dancers selected from more than 1,000 national title holders, this season of Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition will reach a fever pitch while a new cluster of mothers brings an entirely new meaning to the term “stage mom” as their children put everything on the line for a $100,000 cash prize and a scholarship to the Young Dancers Program at the Joffrey Ballet School in New York. Throughout the season, each dancer will learn new routines and compete in a number of challenges designed to test their skills while performing before judges Miller, Broadway star Rachelle Rak (Fosse, Cats and Catch Me If You Can), celebrity choreographer Richard “Richy” Jackson (Lady Gaga’s “Marry the Night”) and a live audience.
Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition is hosted by Kevin Mano (MTV’s The Seven).
DIVAS IN THE HOUSE (#210)
- Airs Tuesday, November 5 at 9:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- It’s “Diva” week and our dancers and their moms are happy to oblige. In a fierce dance version of kickball where the kids get to choose their dance styles one-by-one, leaving one unlucky dancer with the style no one else wanted. Some of the dancers choose wisely, but others find themselves on the wrong side of the biggest diva in the house – Abby Lee Miller, of course.
DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE (#211)
- Airs Tuesday, November 12 at 9:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- All of the dances this week are inspired by “Alice in Wonderland.” With the numbers dwindling, the competition heats up more than ever and when one mom sabotages everyone, her daughter pays the price. Nerves are at an all-time high and nothing is off limits when it comes to making the final three.
MEET ABBY’S NEWEST ULTIMATE DANCER (#212) Season Finale!
- Airs Tuesday, November 19 at 8:00PM-10:00PM (ET) 2 hours
- It’s finally time to choose this year’s Ultimate Dancer. The finalists are so close they can taste it and they’ll do anything to win the $100,000 and a scholarship to the Joffrey Ballet School in New York. Everything is on the line and every move they make counts. May the best dancer win!
For decades aspiring singers have been fighting their way out of the hardscrabble back hollers of Appalachia to chase fame and fortune in the Country Music capital of the world, Nashville. Lifetime‘s new real-life series CHASING NASHVILLE dives into the lives of the families who lay everything on the line to help their talented daughters make it in this highly competitive, and potentially lucrative, world. CHASING NASHVILLE will introduce, and weave together, the stories of four talented girls and their determined families as they prepare for local talent competitions and the opportunity to work with a well know record producer and raise their profile on the Nashville circuit.
WELCOME TO MUSIC CITY (#103)
- Airs Tuesday, November 5 at 10:00PM-11:00PM (ET)
- Helena and Lauren Marie deal with their meddling moms when Helena’s mother takes Keith’s makeover suggestion seriously and Lauren Marie’s mother makes her attend rival Savannah’s birthday party. Meanwhile Keith pits Autumn and Savannah against each other in a Nashville karaoke battle.
SURPRISE SHOWDOWN (#104)
- Airs Tuesday, November 12 at 10:00PM-11:00PM (ET)
- All of the girls are invited to Keith’s recording studio in Nashville to compete to work with him and record their first hit song. Now that the girls have proven they can sing a song written by someone else, it’s time to prove they can write and sing their own at a surprise open mic.
NO PLACE LIKE HOME (#105)
- Airs Tuesday, November 19 at 10:00PM-11:00PM (ET)
- Autumn, Helena and Savannah all head home from Nashville to deal with some personal issues and work on their music. Mom Lana, still angry over Keith’s rejection, continues her search to find a producer to work with her daughter Lauren Marie.
FIGHT OR FLIGHT (#106)
- Airs Tuesday, November 26 at 10:00PM-11:00PM (ET)
- Keith calls Autumn, Helena and Savannah to tell them that he is having a showcase for record executives in a few weeks. As the girls prepare to head back to Nashville for the big performance, Lauren Marie becomes fed up with how her mom Lana is “managing” her career.
“PROJECT RUNWAY ALL STARS”
In fashion, one day you’re in; and the next day, you’re out…But for 11 lucky former Project Runway contestants, the second and last chance to prove their talent has arrived. In its most competitive season ever, former top-ranking Project Runway contestants will return to New York to compete in the third season of Lifetime’s Project Runway All Stars.
For the returning designers, the competition will go into overdrive when it is revealed that three past Project Runway winners are among this season’s crop of contestants, as new host Alyssa Milano (Mistresses, Charmed) warns that on All Stars, even the smallest mistake will send you packing. Receiving guidance from new mentor, TV fashion correspondent and Marie Claire‘s Senior Fashion Editor Zanna Roberts Rassi, this season’s designers must prove to Project Runway All Stars’ esteemed panel of judges, Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman, that they can fight through the toughest and most demanding fashion challenges thrown at them…again. A-list celebrity guest judges confirmed to appear this season include film and TV stars Abigail Breslin, Kristin Chenoweth, Gabourey Sidibe and Elisabeth Moss, actor, comedian and radio/TV personality Nick Cannon, rocker Debbie Harry, supermodel Bar Refaeli, anchor Gayle King and TV host Lisa Robertson, as well as esteemed fashion personalities Nate Berkus and Michael Urie.
Also guest judging this season are Project Runway’s Nina Garcia and Zac Posen, along with previous Runway winners Christian Siriano (season four) and Anya Ayoung-Chee (season nine), as well as All Stars season one and two winners Mondo Guerra and Anthony Ryan Auld.
SIP INTO SOMETHING SEXIER (#303)
- Airs Thursday, November 7 at 9:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- Signature cocktails at Jay Z’s legendary 40/40 Club stir up ideas for runway worthy cocktail dresses. Guest judges are interior designer Nate Berkus and designer Rebecca Minkoff.
KEEPIN IT CLASSY (#304)
- Airs Thursday, November 14 at 9:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- It’s back to school for the remaining eight designers in this fan-favorite unconventional challenge to create high impact fashion from materials found in an elementary school classroom. Guest judges are actors Michael Urie and Gabourey Sidibe.
PARTNERS IN CRIME (#305)
- Airs Thursday, November 21 at 9:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- The designers pair up to create young modern looks inspired by the 1930s and Lifetime‘s new mini-series “Bonnie & Clyde.” Guest judges are Austin Scarlett, designer Elie Tahari, and supermodel Bar Refaeli.
“MILLION DOLLAR SHOPPERS”
Enter the never-before-seen and elite world of personal shopping, where there are no limits to what one will do to find the perfect wardrobe for their rich, famous, powerful and often high-maintenance clients. Lifetime‘s all-new series Million Dollar Shoppers features these fashion tastemakers and trendsetters going to great extremes to deliver the best pieces to their glamorous clients while delivering an in-home shopping experience known only by a select few.
Providing a revealing look into the exclusive world of the affluent, each episode of Million Dollar Shoppers will feature three personal shoppers who make their living on the hunt for the most coveted fashion splurges for their wealthy clients. With their pride, reputation and, ultimately, final commission on the line, the shoppers take close inventory of their clients’ jaw-dropping closets and homes before consulting with them about their fashion needs, ranging from a specific event, upcoming vacation or an entire wardrobe makeover. Empowered with the customers’ credit cards in hand, they execute their savvy, retail sense and fashion connections to purchase what they believe fulfills their tough clients’ vision of having the finest luxuries available…first. Will they complete their missions? That will remain to be seen until the clients meticulously review all purchases before approving each and every expense. Each week, viewers will follow the colorful, driven shoppers to see who rakes in the most commission and the ultimate bragging rights.
THIS ISN’T BRAIN SURGERY, ITS FASHION (#105)
- Airs Thursday, November 7 at 10:01PM-11:01PM (ET)
- Amy is hired by celebrity caterer Andrea to create a new signature look. Sixty-seven year old Andrea has a closet full of designer pieces and the bikini body of a twenty year old to show them off. She calls Derek to find her a new look for a fundraiser in the Hamptons. Devorah and Barbet hit it off as they bond on their common passion for fashion. But the relationship goes from hot to cold when Barbet brings animal-lover Devorah clothes that go against her PETA inspired ideology. Things go from bad to worse when Devorah’s “gay husband” gets involved.
MAY THE BEST SHOPPER WIN (#106) Season Finale!
- Airs Thursday, November 14 at 10:01PM-11:01PM (ET)
- Gianna Palminteri and her actor husband Chazz have spent years in the Hollywood spotlight and have been photographed in scores of outfits. So she needs Derek to find her something brand new for her website launch event. Jennifer is a New York City socialite, author, and event planner who has a big rolodex and an even bigger personality. After firing her first personal shopper, she’s not taking any chances so she brings in Barbet and Gregg and Tayler to shop for her. It’s the ultimate Million Dollar Shoppers fashion face-off!
DANCE MOMS CARES” (World Premiere)
- Airs Tuesday, November 26 at 9:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- Even though they’re in between dance seasons, there’s no down time for the Abby Lee Dance Company. Abby enters her girls in a big Atlantic City dance competition that benefits the fight against cancer. All the moms are on edge as it’s the first time the team is competing since the blow up at Nationals. Meanwhile, cancer hits close to home while Abby deals with her own mother’s fight with the disease.
–LIFETIME ORIGINAL MOVIE–
“A COUNTRY CHRISTMAS STORY” (World Premiere)
- Airs Saturday, November 9 at 8:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- Musical icon and multiple Grammy® Award winner Dolly Parton (Nine to Five) and Grammy Award nominated R&B singer and producer Brian McKnight (American Dreams) star in the Lifetime Original Movie A Country Christmas Story. The film follows a young Appalachian mountain girl (newcomer Desiree Ross, Park Bench) as she pursues her dream of becoming a country star against the wishes of her mother (Megyn Price, Rules of Engagement). Her journey to the stage at Dollywood with a singing competition hosted by Dolly Parton reunites her with her musician father (McKnight) and uncovers the musical legacy of African Americans in the world of country music. Mary Kay Place (Big Love) stars as her grandmother (2013)
“THE PREACHER’S MISTRESS” (World Premiere)
- Airs Saturday, November 2 at 8:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- Gwen Griffith is a hardworking, single mom struggling to make ends meet while taking online classes to get her insurance sales license. Her overbearing mother Ellen constantly attempts to set Gwen up with the sons of her friends. But between work, online studies and raising her precocious 7-year-old son Alex, Gwen doesn’t think she has time to find “Mr. Right.” That is until handsome, charming and successful Ed Baker jogs into her life and makes her think perhaps there is room for love. Gwen’s hopes for happily ever after crumble when Gwen discovers Ed is not only married with kids… but also the preacher of a popular church. When Ed’s heiress wife is murdered, Gwen find herself in the middle of a police investigation that forces her to face skeletons from her past, and fight for her freedom and custody of her son.
- Stars: Sarah Lancaster, Drew Waters, Natalia Cigliuti, Angela Rawna. (2013)
“THE TWELVE TREES OF CHRISTMAS” (World Premiere)
- Airs Saturday, November 16 at 8:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- Cherie Jameson, the children’s librarian, is excited to celebrate another Christmas season with her NYC community until she learns the historic library building where she works is scheduled to be demolished. She immediately contacts the building’s owner, Mrs. Shaughnessy, but is told she has already given her approval to Tony, her grandson and real estate developer, to replace the library with high rise loft apartments. Determined to stop the demolition, and Tony, Cherie rallies the community and organizes a Christmas tree decorating contest with the theme “what the library means to me.” She hopes to draw enough media attention and convince Mrs. Shaughnessy to change her mind. Tony takes this as a challenge and enters the contest with the professional help of his decorator, Cordelia (Melanie Brown). The competition is on, but as Cheri works to save the library she discovers that Tony is more than the heartless man she thinks. Will Cherie be able to convince Mrs. Shaughnessy and Tony to save the building or will her dedication to the beloved library drive Tony away…and with it true love?
- Stars: Lindy Booth, Melanie Brown, Robin Dunne, Casper Van Dien, Matt Baram, Naomi Snieckus. (2013)
“KRISTIN’S CHRISTMAS PAST” (World Premiere)
- Airs Saturday, November 23 at 8:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- A smart, sassy, 30-year-old woman who is estranged from her family goes to sleep alone on Christmas Eve and wakes up Christmas morning seventeen years into her past to relive the worst Christmas of her life. But this time she is able to go back and change not only her imperfect past, but her also her less than perfect future.
- Stars: Shiri Appleby, Will Kemp, Elizabeth Mitchell, Judd Nelson, A. J. Langer, Hannah Marks, Michael James-Olsen, Debby Ryan, Courtney Henggeler, Deniz Akdeniz. (2013)
“DEAR SECRET SANTA” (World Premiere)
- Airs Saturday, November 30 at 8:00PM-10:00PM (ET)
- After breaking up with her boyfriend, Jennifer moves back to the house she grew up in bringing back memories of her friend Jack, who used to live next door but recently passed away. One day, Jennifer gets a Christmas card from a “Secret Admirer” in her mailbox and becomes curious as to who sent it. The admirer knows so many personal things about her that she decides to write back and is astonished when something they say reminds her of Jack. Is it possible that he is sending her the Christmas cards?
- Stars: Tatyana Ali, Jordin Sparks, Bill Cobbs, Della Reese, Ernie Hudson, Larmorne Morris. (2013)