History Talk Cookie Notice
Last updated: 27 March 2019
- What are cookies and what cookies are used by our site
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your device when you visit a Site. Cookies are widely used by Site owners in order to make their Sites work, or to work more efficiently, to provide reporting information and to allow a website to recognize you as a user when you return to the website, either for the duration of your visit.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary in order to enable you to move around our Sites, provide you with services available through our Sites and to use some of their features, such as access to secure areas. As these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Sites to you, if this category of cookie is disabled, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Performance and Functionality Cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Sites but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information that is used to help us understand how our Sites are being used, how effective are marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Sites for you. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Sites through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- How to control and delete cookies
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies.
The various browsers provide different procedures to manage your settings. Click on any of the browser links for instructions.
You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer, as well as more general information about cookies. Please note that, as these websites are not owned or operated by us, we are not responsible for any of the content on them.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may mean that you will not be able to take full advantage of all the features or services available on this Site.
- What about other tracking technologies, like web beacons?
Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track visitors to a Site. We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”). These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited our Sites or opened an e-mail that we have sent them. This allows us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our Sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our Sites from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to improve site performance, and to measure the success of e-mail marketing campaigns. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
- How often will you update this Cookie Notice?
The date at the top of this Cookie Notice indicates when it was last updated.
- Where can I get further information?